Want to try online gambling in Singapore, baccarat in China, and roulette in Malaysia? You’re not alone! The biggest and most famous gambling cities in Asia draws just as many people to casinos as do the renowned tourist spots. When you think of Asia, various images come into your mind. Whether it’s Buddhist temples, pristine beaches, cherry blossoms or the like, Asia is one of the best continents to go to. But it also is a haven for gamblers, as avid people who would like to take their chances on.
It’s true—Asians love to bet and gamble! Whether in sports or just at a casino night out, nothing fuels the adrenaline more than seeing the despair of losing your bet, or see the fulfillment of winning a huge amount.
So, without further ado, here are the biggest cities for gambling in Asia.
Singapore is one of the top places where people want to go to. What makes it more lucrative is that SG is one of the top places for a gambling spree and high stakes will be played nightly. Even with the popularity casinos like Resorts World Sentosa and Marina Bay Sands, as well as cruise ship that dock just outside the city-state to avoid stringent laws, online gambling in Singapore has also grown as of late.
Major casinos in SG are the following:
- Marina Bay Sands – arguably the most famous building in the Singapore skyline, it is a hotel whose casino specialises in electronic gaming. With a coverage of 15,000 square miles, it is the biggest casino in the country.
- Resorts World Sentosa – found on the resort island of Sentosa, this casinohas a separate room for poker playing. But aside from gaming, there are also tons of places you can go around in. You can treat your kids to the rides and attractions in Universal Studios, which are just a short distance away. It also has access to the Singapore Zoo and Jurong Bird Park via train.
What to wear when you’re gambling in Singapore: When placing your bets in Singapore, you have to wear smart casual. Flip flops are not allowed when you place your bets in any part of this island. Even cruise casinos will bar you from going in.
- Genting Highlands Casino – it has been around since 1971, and is the first land-based casino in the country. Here, you can choose from 400 types of electronic table games, 3,000 slot machines and 30 tables with games that range from Russian roulette, Tai Sai and blackjack. Another Genting-based casino, it is spotted between the states of Selangor and Pahang in an area in the Genting Highlands. Its SkyCasino is inspired by a forest theme and is spacious enough to include a plethora of games tables and machines.
Ho Chi Minh City
Vietnam is fairly new in online gambling, but it doesn’t put itself behind. In fact, there are eight hotels that all serve as places where you could place your bets.
Unlike, say, online gambling in Singapore, betting and gambling is considered illegal in Vietnam, but there are select places where you can gamble using a foreign passport. Also, you need to show proof that your income exceeds 450 USD, where you can be asked to pay the necessary taxes.
Very recently, in 2018, a bill was passed and legalised including sports betting, gambling on horses and greyhound racing.
Famous Viet casinos include the following:
- Grand Ho Tram Casino – Here you have 90 massive table games, and more than 614 gaming machines. You also have two poker tables, plus a valet. You can also play games as varied as backgammon, Caribbean stud, Pai Gow Poker among others.
- Club Royale Casino – This pearl in Ho Chi Minh is the centre for online gambling in Vietnam, having 70 gaming machines plus valet features. Aside from areas to place your bets, it also features an aquatic spa and private karaoke suites, among others.
When you say gambling in China, gambling in Macau often comes to mind. Arguably Asia’s standard bearer when it comes to the gambling nightlife, it has implemented legal gambling since 1850. Once the casinos were monopolised by billionaire Stanley Ho – who is also referred to as the Godfather of Gambling – but the intervention of the Chinese government broke the monopoly in the 2000s.
Even with the rise of online gambling in Singapore and other Asian destinations, the Chinese administrative region still thrives in the industry. Macau is also known as the baccarat capital of the world, having the famous card game as its bread and butter. Notable casinos include the normal fixtures of the former Portuguese colony such as:
- Grand Lisboa – This is a 74-floor complex and one of the more established homegrown casinos in Macau. It has over 800 gaming tables and 1,000 slot machines. Its distinctive structure adorns the skyline of Macau.
- The Sands Macau – It is owned by one of the biggest casino operators, the Las Vegas Sands Corporation. You can take your pick from 1,254 slot machines and 740 tables, as well as great VIP rooms. It also benefits from being near the harbour where visitors from Hong Kong come in from.
- Wynn Macau – This American-operated casino opened in 2006, has 600 deluxe hotel rooms and suites, six restaurants and a 205,000 square feet room with 360 slot machines and 200 tables.
Apart from betting, you can also have big time entertainment, luxury shopping and dining in Macau, and also bring luxury shopping and brands.
Touring and Online Gambling in Asia – Lots of Fun!
The casinos in Asia are are bustling with life! Whether you’re online gambling in Singapore, or enjoying the bright lights of Macau, it is an entertaining pastime that brings out the competitive nature in us. But what makes them special is that many of them are also near family entertainment spots — so you could unwind and spend time with the family after gaming. You also get to appreciate the beauty of the tourist spots and cultural heritage in the city. That’s why it’s always important to gamble responsibly, so you don’t run out of touring money and your trip is worth it.
If you want to stay updated on the latest in how to play online sports betting in Singapore, bookmark our page or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest! Looking for on the go online betting options, check out the BetVision App! If you want to get started on playing, check out our banner below! or register using the button above!