BetVision partners with Blackburn Rovers (Sports News) – This year is shaping up to be a promising one for BetVision, Asia’s premier online gaming destination! Last year, we made history together with England international football icon Emile Heskey as he became our official Brand Ambassador. And now, we mark another milestone, as legendary English club Blackburn Rovers FC has tapped us as their betting partner for their upcoming campaign in the EFL Championship.
This is yet another exciting and historic moment for our company. As the leading sportsbook and live casino destination in the region, we share Blackburn’s commitment to winning and excellence throughout the years.
“Rovers are delighted to team up with BetVision as our Official Asian Betting Partner,” says Blackburn Chief Executive Steve Waggott. “The team at BetVision have already impressed with their commitment, professionalism and vision, and we welcome them to the club’s portfolio of partners.”
BetVision Partners with Blackburn - Quick Information
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire, England
Home Stadium: Ewood Park
Motto: Arte et Labore (“By Skill and Hard Work”)
Playing in: EFL Championship (English 2nd tier)
Home Colours: Blue and white
Nicknames: Rovers, Blues and Whites, Riversiders
Current Manager: Tony Mowbray
BetVision Partners with Blackburn - Club Honours and Trophies
Established 146 years ago, the Blackburn Rovers Football Club was a founding member of The Football League (1888) and the Premier League (1992). They have won several honours throughout history, including 13 major trophies, and most notably, the Premier League 1994/1995 Championship Title under manager and football legend Kenny Dalglish. Here are some of their most noteworthy victories:
First Division/Premier League
- Winners (3): 1911/12, 1913/14, 1994/95
- Runners-up: 1993/94
Football League Cup
- Winners: 2001/02
BetVision Partners with Blackburn - Club Legends
Here’s a list of the greatest Blackburn Rovers of all time:
- Alan Shearer – Arguably the greatest Blackburn player, Shearer is also the top scorer in Premier League history, and has become a legend for the England national team as well with 63 caps and 30 goals. He was acquired by Rovers for a record fee of 3.5million GBP in 1992, and led the side to a runner-up finish in 1993/94 and the Premier League title in 1994/95.
- Chris Sutton – Sutton formed a prolific partnership with Alan Shearer, forming the SAS duo that led the club during its greatest success. He is also the third highest Premier League scorer with 47 goals, and a much-beloved figure in the team.
- David Dunn – A Blackburn-bred player who had two long fruitful stints with the club and 200 appearances. He is one of the most gifted footballers to wear the blue and white.
- Simon Garner – Garner is the club’s all-time leading scorer with 192 goals in all competitions and helped bring Blackburn to its inaugural Premier League season in 1992.
- Damien Duff – One of the fastest players the club has ever seen, Duff beat defenders with ease. He was a key part in Rovers winning the Football League Cup in 2002.
BetVision Partners with Blackburn - Players to Look Out for in 2021/22
With the upcoming EFL Championship, the Rovers, under manager Tony Mowbray, have put together a squad that is sure to make an impact. Here are the key players to look out for in the Blue and Whites this season:
- Ben Brereton Diaz (striker) – Having played for Rovers since 2019, Brereton has had 80 appearances and scored nine goals for the club so far. He also played for Chile in Copa America 2021, scoring the lone goal against Bolivia in the group stage match.
- Bradley Dack (midfielder) – A fan favourite at Ewood, Dack’s technical prowess has helped him become one of the key figures in the Rovers lineup. He was named EFL League One Player of the Season for 2017/18, and has scored 45 goals in 121 appearances.
- Sam Gallagher (forward) – Originally joining Blackburn on loan from Southampton during the 2016/17 season, the Scotland-born Gallagher became a full-time Rover in 2019. He has scored 24 goals for the club in 120 appearances.
BetVision Partners with Blackburn - Club Trivia
Some trivia about the club:
- During relegation and promotion, they “parade and bury a coffin” to signify their rise and fall in the leagues. The first burial occurred in 1948, with vegetables in the coffin, referring to the players, but this was replaced by a dummy named Chucky.
- Their blue and white kit is also known as the town colours, and the design have stayed consistent all throughout.
- They won three FA Cups in a row from 1883/84 to 1885/86.
With Blackburn Rovers FC’s rich winning history teaming up with BetVision’s premier offerings of sports betting and live casino entertainment, this is looking to be a more than fruitful partnership. Stay posted as we give you updates on this stunning development!
If you want to stay updated on the latest in online sports betting in Singapore, bookmark our page or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest! Looking for on the go online betting options, check out the BetVision App! If you want to get started on playing, check out our banner below! or register using the button above!